By D. T. Potts
- Features up to date surveys and the newest info from significant new excavations reminiscent of Qatna (Syria), Göbekli Tepe (Turkey)
- Includes a various variety of views through senior, mid-career and junior students in Europe, united states, Britain, Australia, and the center East for a very foreign group
- Includes significant stories of the origins of agriculture, animal domestication, and archaeological landscapes
- Includes chapters facing sessions after the arrival of Alexander the good, together with stories of the Seleucid, Arsacid, Sasanian, Roman and Byzantine empires within the close to East, in addition to early Christianity in either the Levant and Mesopotamia
- Fills a niche in literature of the traditional close to East, facing themes frequently ignored, together with moral and felony concerns in antiquities markets and overseas scholarship
Read or Download A Companion to the Archaeology of the Ancient Near East (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar archaeology books
The main whole account of historic guy within the manhattan quarter ever released in a single quantity, this ebook strains a wealthy, 8000-year tale of human prehistory. starting with the 1st identified population, Paleo-Indian hunters who lived nearly 7000 B. C. , the writer supplies a close chronological account of the advanced of cultural devices that experience existed within the zone, culminating within the Iroquois tribes encountered by way of the eu colonists on the sunrise of the 17th century.
The Roman amphitheatre used to be a website either one of bloody wrestle and marvellous spectacle, symbolic of the may possibly of Empire; to appreciate the significance of the amphitheatre is to appreciate a key point within the social and political lifetime of the Roman ruling sessions. Generously illustrated with 141 plans and pictures, the tale of the Roman Amphitheatre deals a complete photo of the origins, improvement, and eventual decline of the commonest and evocative of Roman monuments.
The preliminary part right here covers the monuments of the $64000 Hellenistic state of Commagene, and comprises Edessa (Urfa), the capital of a Crusader kingdom, the place there also are major Islamic constructions. the ultimate part, at the Hatay, specializes in the town of Antioch, with Seleucid, Roman and Byzantine continues to be, and the castles of the Crusader interval in its region.
The Chalcolithic interval used to be formative in close to jap prehistory, being a time of primary social switch in craft specialization, horticulture and temple lifestyles. Gilat - a low mound, semi-communal farming payment within the Negev wasteland - is among the few Chalcolithic sanctuary websites within the Southern Levant.
- Bioarchaeological and Forensic Perspectives on Violence: How Violent Death is Interpreted from Skeletal Remains (Cambridge Studies in Biological and Evolutionary Anthropology)
- I marmi di Garaguso : Vittorio Di Cicco e l'imbroglio della loro scoperta (ARCHEOLOGIA) (Italian Edition)
- Ancient Monuments of the Mississippi Valley
- A Companion to Gender Prehistory (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
- Archaeology Hotspot Egypt: Unearthing the Past for Armchair Archaeologists (Archaeology Hotspots)
- Understanding Pottery Function: 0 (Manuals in Archaeological Method, Theory and Technique)
Additional resources for A Companion to the Archaeology of the Ancient Near East (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to the Archaeology of the Ancient Near East (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by D. T. Potts